To provide community teens with an opportunity to learn the importance of community through service projects and community engagement.
BAPA Teen Service Corps members will:
- Earn service hours required for graduation through a variety of activities.
- Compile impressive high school or college portfolios.
- Engage with other community & service minded youth.
- Network with peers from other schools, community leaders and business owners.
- Build leadership and empowerment skills.
- Learn crucial life skills from guest speakers during meetings.
Who is Eligible?
Youth from the Beverly/Morgan Park community, grades 7-12, are eligible to apply.
What to Expect
- 1– 2 hr BAPA-led meetings, generally on the second Sunday of the month at noon.
- Must attend 5 of 8 meetings.
- 2–4 hours service-learning opportunity per quarter.
- Members must commit to 16 service-learning hours per year.
- Guest speakers to educate and offer tips and life skills in preparation for high school, college and future job opportunities.
Join us for our next meeting
The BAPA Teen Service Corps will gather again on Sunday, December 10 from noon to 2 pm and again on January 14, 2024, at 1744 W. 99th St. If you are joining, please bring the completed the registration form, with signatures, to our next meeting.