By Mary Jo Viero
Thursday, September 14, join us in celebrating the businesses of Beverly/Morgan Park in the best way possible — with retail therapy, drinks and food. The event kicks off at 5:30 p.m. at the BAPA office at 1744 W. 99th St. We can’t wait for everyone to come into our space and get to know BAPA better! BAPA will have all of our “Love Where You Live” merchandise available including shirts, mugs and flags. After check-in, explore any and all of the participating businesses, which are listed below.
This year more than 20 retailers from 103rd Street and 99th Street business districts are participating. We’re thrilled to welcome new Sip & Shop participants, Cardinalis Cardinalis, Bricktop Barbershop, Oleander and Artesian, Homegirls’s Hummus and Cetta is Betta.
And after months of hard work, we are so happy to announce that James Sanders, owner of Sanders BBQ and Supply (formerly Pizzeria Depot) will be opening his new restaurant and event space for Sip & Shop. Attendees can see his newly transformed space and try tastings.
Once you shop to your hearts’ content, join us for an after-party at Calabria Imports, 1905 W. 103rd St., from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
Tickets for Sip & Shop are $20 in advance ($25 day of) and can be purchased on our website at bapa.org/sip-shop
- Belle Up Boutique, 1915 W. 103rd St.
- Beverly Dry Goods, 1810 W. 103rd St.
- Beverly Phono Mart, 1808 W. 103rd St.
- Calabria Imports, 1905 W. 103rd St.
- Cetta is Betta Event Planning, pop-up location TBD.
- The Heritage Gallery, 1907 W. 103rd St.
- Homegirl’s Hummus, pop-up at Calabria.
- Island Furs, 1827 W. 103rd St.
- Made Artisan Collaborative, 1802 W. 103rd St.
- Now It’s Yours, 1816 W. 103rd St.
- Ohana Ice & Treats, 1800 W. 103rd St.
- RMH Lifestyle, 1804-06 W. 103rd St.
- Bookie’s Chicago, pop-up at Two Mile Coffee.
- Bricktop Barbershop, 9917 S. Walden Pkwy.
- Cardinalis Cardinalis, 9915 S. Walden Pkwy.
- Color Me Beauty Bar, 1810 W. 99th St.
- Markland-Hubbard Gourmet Provisions, 1739 W. 99th St.
- Oleander and Artesian, 9911 S. Walden Pkwy.
- Sweet Freaks, 9927 S. Wood St.
- Tranquility Salon Co, 9908 S. Walden Pkwy.
- Two Mile Coffee Bar, 9907 S. Walden Pkwy.
- Xioma Design Studio, 9911 S. Wood St.