The Race is On!
Join your friends and neighbors for the return of BAPA’s Ridge Run live and in person on Saturday, September 4, 2021. Runners of all ages, paces and distances will compete to win, race to place in age categories ranging from 6 to 80 years, or simply run or walk to beat their personal best times.
The Beverly Area Planning Association is thrilled to host the 43rd running of the races and will offer a full schedule: 10K Run, 5K Run and Walk, 10K + 5K Challenge, and Youth Mile. Races start and finish at Ridge Park, 9625 S. Longwood Dr.
Spectators are encouraged to carry on the tradition of cheering on runners and walkers, playing music, and offering water along the routes.
OSF HealthCare Little Company of Mary Medical Centers is the presenting sponsor and will provide the day’s health necessities, including the Ridge Run doctor, first aid tent, and general health information.
WGN News personality and South Side neighbor Patrick Elwood will serve as the Ridge Run race announcer at the start/finish line.
In 2022, the BAPA Ridge Run and Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony will be held on Memorial Day.
Everyone’s health and safety is a top priority at the Ridge Run. Please bring your COVID-19 vaccination card when you pick up your race packet or register in person. Social distancing and masks are suggested for Ridge Run participants who have health issues or are not yet vaccinated.
Online registration is open through August 29, 2021. Participants must be registered by August 2 to guarantee receiving a T-shirt.
In-person advance signup and packet pickup will be available on the following dates & locations:
- Tues., Aug. 31, 12:00–7:00 pm, Running Excels, 10328 S. Western Ave.
- Wed., Sept. 1, 12:00–7:00 pm, Running Excels
- Thurs., Sept. 2, 12:00–5:00 pm, Running Excels
- Fri., Sept. 3, 12:00–5:00 pm, Ridge Park, 9625 S. Longwood Dr.
- Sat., Sept. 4, 6:30–9:00 am, Ridge Park*
Fees through September 3, 2021:
$40–5K; $50–10K; $80–5K and 10K Challenge
$25–5K walk (untimed); $20–Youth Mile; $15–Active Military
Race Day Fees, September 4, 2021:
$45–5K; $55–10K; $85–5K and 10K Challenge
$30–5K walk (untimed); $25–Youth Mile; $15–Active Military
*10K and YouthMile registration closes at 7:30 am and 5K registration closes at 9:00 am. Fees increase for race-day registration.
Sign up a team of your colleagues, club members, or family and friends when you register online. It’s more fun when you run as a team!
Volunteer at the Ridge Run
A variety of dates and tasks are available for volunteers to help with the Ridge Run. Sign up below, or call 773-233-3100 for more information.
Activities at the Park
There’s plenty to do for both runners and spectators on race day.
- F45 Training will hold runner warm ups for the 10K and 5K runs.
- Core Fitness and Physical Therapy will offer stretching for runners.
- Live and Believe (LAB) Nutrition will be selling healthy beverages.
- The Rainbow Truck will be selling Original Rainbow ice cream.
- The Calabria food truck will sell sandwiches and sides.
- Home Run Inn pizza slices and beer will be available for purchase.
- BAPA’s Tot Trot for little runners will be held at 10:15 am.
- Beverly Arts Center will take over the Kid Zone, offering a variety of fun and creative activities.
- Beverly Records DJ John Dreznes will spin tunes during the races.
- WHSE Radio will play music in the park.
Thank you to all of the Ridge Run sponsors, without whose support BAPA could not present this event.