BAPA Porch Concerts Are Back
Win a Porch Concert Party for Your Block! Here’s How
BAPA’s popular Porch Concert Series is returning for another fantastic season! This year, we are dividing Beverly/Morgan Park into four areas and will be offering a free porch concert to on block in each section. You can win by having the most BAPA members or donors on your block.
The Porch Concert Party includes the essentials for a fantastic block party! You’ll get a live performance that’s absolutely free (though the band appreciates tips!). BAPA will provide food and drinks for purchase. All you need to bring is a chair!
How the Challenge Works
- Check the map for contest zones and deadlines. Each area has until two weeks before their concert date to get as many neighbors as possible to join BAPA.
- Neighbors are encouraged to spread the word about the contest and invite all the families on their block to join BAPA. Our new monthly membership offers an easy and budget-friendly way to join!
- BAPA will announce the winner two weeks before the concert date.
Why a Contest?
Our popular outdoor concert series is in high demand from porch owners who want to host, but BAPA can only open the opportunity to four blocks. Each concert costs more than $1,000 to put on. Membership donations are a big help in covering those costs.
“The work we do keeping the neighborhood thriving, beautiful, safe, and strong benefits 100% of the people and businesses located here, yet only about 5% of the approximately 15,000 neighborhood households support BAPA financially,” says Executive Director Mary Jo Viero. “BAPA works hard to achieve what we do on a limited budget. With the support of our community, we can do even more.”
- May 26 is the deadline for Morgan Park (purple zone on map) and the June 9 Porch Concert with Return2Soul. The contest boundaries are 111th to 115th Streets, California to Vincennes Avenue; and 115th to 119th Streets, Rockwell to Vincennes.
- June 30 is the deadline for North Central Beverly (blue zone on map) to earn the July 14 porch concert with Back Country Boys Contest. Boundaries are 95th to 99th Streets, Western to Beverly Avenue; and 99th to 103rd Streets, California to Beverly.
- July 28 is the deadline for South Central Beverly (green zone on map) and the Aug. 11 Porch Concert with Grit & The Double Knit. Boundaries are 103rd to 111th Streets, California to Vincennes Avenue.
- Aug. 25 for North Beverly (orange zone on map) and the Sept. 8 Porch Concert with Old Style Neon. Boundaries are 87th to 95th Streets, Western to Beverly Avenue.
Summer 2023 Lineup
Ridge Historical Society
10621 S. Seeley Ave.
Beverly Country Club
North Central Beverly
Back Country Boys
Grit & The Double Knit
South Central Beverly
Old Style Neon