Special Event Coordinator
The Beverly Area Planning Association (BAPA), a not-for-profit community-based organization, is looking for a highly motivated Special Event Coordinator. Our ideal candidate will pay great attention to detail, have outstanding communications skills, and have the ability to maintain confidentiality. Candidates must have experience planning and coordinating medium to large scale (500 – 5,000 attendance) events; coordinating event logistics and setup and take-down; and managing volunteers. Responsibilities include working with and managing event committees, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers; scheduling appointments and meetings; and preparing for event committee meetings. Candidates should be proficient in MS Office and Google Suite. CRM experience is PREFERRED.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Special Event Coordination
- Plan, implement, and follow-up for special events including Ridge Run/Memorial Day Parade, Porch Concert series, Home Tour, Garden Walk, small business workshops, and donor appreciation events.
- Coordinate all event logistics.
- Actively participate in staff, committee, vendor, and sponsor meetings, as necessary.
- Work with BAPA team on publicity, including public relations, advertising, and collateral material design, production, and distribution to ensure optimal attendance.
- Oversee in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
- Oversee all aspects of volunteer management, recruitment, and coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, supervision, training, and acknowledgment.
- Send thank-you notes to all agency donors in a timely manner.
- Work with Executive Director on the development and fulfillment of event budgets, and cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain event software and databases.
- Fulfill City of Chicago grant requirements for small business support.
- Assist the Executive Director in other fundraising programs or grant opportunities, as necessary.
- Support and carry out the BAPA mission.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with constituents within the community.
- Be involved with the community at large and with appropriate professional organizations.
- Follow BAPA policies, including personnel and programs.
- Participate as a member of the BAPA team and adhere to a workplace philosophy that enriches staff’s ability to reach goals and provide a high-level service.
- Develop professional and personal growth through opportunities and involvement.
At times, staff will be required to perform additional duties beyond those specified. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated applied skills in word processing and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Suite), and the ability to learn fundraising, design, and management computer software programs.
- The ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Outgoing and comfortable with people. Passion for the mission of BAPA.
Interested candidates are invited to call BAPA Executive Director Mary Jo Viero, 773-233-3100.