The focus of BAPA is to keep the Beverly/Morgan Park community a great place to live, raise a family and run a business. We strive to keep our neighborhood one of the most desirable in Chicago.
Our vision for the neighborhood is embodied in the phrase "village in the city". Although Beverly/Morgan Park are neighborhoods in a large city, we have always thought of them as what they once were, small towns. We continue to work on keeping that small town feel, where neighbors rely on each other, can count on each other and know each others names.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Beverly Area Planning Association is to sustain and enhance Beverly Hills/Morgan Park as a culturally diverse "Village in the City" with increasing home values, high quality schools, thriving commercial areas and a low crime rate.
BAPA has chosen seven strategic initiatives that support its mission and vision.
- Enhance our commercial areas (Business Development and Support Committee)
- Support the maintenance of quality housing stock and advocate for racial diversity (Housing Committee)
- Advocate for strong schools, serving the best interests of the community (Education Committee)
- Serve as an information resource
- Support efforts to maintain a safe community (Safety Committee)
- Involve residents in BAPA (Volunteer Committee)
- Build a strong financial base (Development Committee)