The Race is On!
BAPA’s 44th Ridge Run will return to Memorial Day this year.
The 10K, 5K and Youth Mile races and the
Beverly/Morgan Park Memorial Day Parade are set for Mon., May 30, and runners, walkers and marchers of all ages are invited to join in the tradition.
As usual, races start and finish at Ridge Park, 9625 S. Longwood Dr., and the Parade
follows the run, stepping off from 110th and Longwood and marching north to
Ride Run registration is open now.
Team Up! The Ridge Run invites area groups, clubs, families, and
friends to form Ridge Run Teams and take advantage of a race fee discount as well as race day perks.
In-person advance signup and packet pickup will be available on the following dates & locations:
- Thurs., May 26, 12:00–6:00 pm, Running Excels, 10328 S. Western Ave.
- Fri., May 27, 12:00–6:00 pm, Running Excels
- Sat., May 28, 12:00–5:00 pm, Running Excels
- Sun, May 29, 12:00–5:00 pm, Ridge Park, 9625 S. Longwood Dr.
- Mon., May 30, 6:30–9:00 am, Ridge Park*
Fees through May 29, 2022:
$40–5K; $50–10K; $80–5K and 10K Challenge
$25–5K walk (untimed); $20–Youth Mile; $15–Active Military
Race Day Fees, Monday 30, 2022:
$45–5K; $55–10K; $85–5K and 10K Challenge
$30–5K walk (untimed); $25–Youth Mile; $15–Active Military
*10K and YouthMile registration closes at 7:30 am and 5K registration closes at 9:00 am. Fees increase for race-day registration.
Volunteer at the Ridge Run
A variety of dates and tasks are available for volunteers to help with the Ridge Run. Sign up below, or call 773-233-3100 for more information.
March in the Memorial Day Parade
The oldest of Chicago’s neighborhood Memorial Day parades, BAPA strives to keep the
focus of the Beverly/Morgan Park parade on Memorial Day as a time to remember
the men and women who gave their lives in service to our country, and to honor the men and women who have in the past and currently serve in the U.S. armed services. In conjunction with the parade, BAPA holds a Memorial Day Ceremony
and wreath-laying as part of the Ridge Run.
The founders Operation HerStory flight for women veterans are the 2022 parade Grand
Marshal, and women military veterans and on active duty are invited to walk
Applications to march in the Beverly/Morgan Park Memorial Day Parade can be printed by clicking here
Sign up a team of your colleagues, club members, or family and friends when you register online. It’s more fun when you run as a team!
Activities at the Park
There’s plenty to do for both runners and spectators on race day.
- F45 Training will hold runner warm ups for the 10K and 5K runs.
- Core Fitness and Physical Therapy will offer stretching for runners.
- Live and Believe (LAB) Nutrition will be selling healthy beverages.
- The Rainbow Truck will be selling Original Rainbow ice cream.
- The Calabria food truck will sell sandwiches and sides.
- Home Run Inn pizza slices and beer will be available for purchase.
- BAPA’s Tot Trot for little runners will be held at 10:15 am.
- Beverly Arts Center will take over the Kid Zone, offering a variety of fun and creative activities.
- Beverly Records DJ John Dreznes will spin tunes during the races.
- WHSE Radio will play music in the park.
Thank you to all of the Ridge Run sponsors, without whose support BAPA could not present this event.